Form 2290 is due at the end of August. The 2290 Form is used for multiple tax filings in regard to commercial vehicles. The following is a list of tax dues that the 2290 covers:
- Figure and pay the tax due on highway motor vehicles used during the period with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more;
- Figure and pay the tax due on a vehicle for which you completed the suspension statement on another Form 2290 if that vehicle later exceeded the mileage use limit during the period;
- Figure and pay the tax due if, during the period, the taxable gross weight of a vehicle increases and the vehicle falls into a new category;
- Claim suspension from the tax when a vehicle is expected to be used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles) during the period;
- Claim a credit for tax paid on vehicles that were destroyed, stolen, sold, or used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles);
- Report acquisition of a used taxable vehicle for which the tax has been suspended;
- Figure and pay the tax due on a used taxable vehicle acquired and used during the period.
Having difficulties filing Form 2290? We can help! We offer a full gamut of services at TrueNorth Compliance Services including assistance with filing your 2290 Form.